Dear Valued Customer,
The Harvard State Bank has always prided itself in providing a superior customer experience. As part of The Harvard State Bank’s commitment to secure innovation, and in the interest of providing our customers with enhanced technology and access to the best products and services, we will be undergoing a system redesign October 20th, 2017.
This redesign will bring many new improvements to the operational side of our institution and many new benefits to you! We are working very hard to make sure that this transition is efficient and easy for you, our valued customer. The Bank will have some great new features and exciting new benefits to pass on to you. We will be sending continued correspondence throughout the entire process informing you of any changes and steps you will need to take.
We believe the system redesign will better serve you and support efficient operations. We want to thank you for being our valued customer and taking this journey with us to provide you with the best products and services available to help you achieve your financial goals.
Please be on the lookout for important information that we will be sending. Here is a highlight of what is to come:
- Debit Cardholders will receive a New Debit Card prior to October 20. A separate PIN mailer will follow. Beginning October 19th, you will need to use your new Debit Card; your current Debit card will be deactivated. While we are redesigning our system you may experience some disruption in services, please consider getting cash in advance.
- Online Banking will be unavailable during the redesign period (October 20-22). The first time you log in (on October 23) you will be guided through the process to set up a new password.
- Bill Pay will be unavailable during the redesign period (October 20-22). All payments scheduled and entered before the redesign period will continue to process and be carried over.
- Mobile Banking will be unavailable during the redesign period (October 20-22). A new and improved mobile app will be available for download in early October. Although our mobile app won’t be ready, you can still access Internet Banking through your phone’s mobile browser.
- Statements will be produced and mailed to all customers on October 20th. Going forward some statement cycles have been adjusted; however, customers who currently receive a month end statement will continue to do so.
- E-Statements currently available on your online banking account will not be accessible online after October 19th. Please be sure to download, save or print copies of your statements for your records.
- Telephone Banking will be unavailable during the redesign period (October 20-22). Starting October 23 customers can use the same number (1-815-943-3951) to access our Telephone Banking services.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact one of our Banking Professionals at (815)-943-4400. They are happy to help!
We appreciate your continued business and loyalty. We look forward to continuing to serve you!
President & CEO
The Harvard State Bank
Your Friends In Banking
Chairman of the Board
The Harvard State Bank
Your Friends In Banking
New Enhancements Coming Soon!
On Friday, October 20, 2017 The Harvard State Bank is undergoing a system redesign.
These Upgrades Include:
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- And Much More!
We anticipate a smooth redesign that will provide very little disruption to you. Please be sure to review each of the following sections for an in-depth description of how these services will be changing and what you need to do to prepare for the redesign.
The Harvard State Bank is a customer-driven community bank providing personalized service, localized decision-making and proven technology while promoting a positive environmental and social example to its community. As “a local bank with a global mission,” The Harvard State Bank adheres to a values-based business model which strives to do the right thing for the environment, its people, its community, and its shareholders. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these exciting changes and we cherish your continued trust and confidence.
What You Need to Know:
During System Redesign
Beginning Thursday, October 19th, our online banking services, mobile banking services and telephone banking will be unavailable. These services will be periodically activated throughout business hours on Monday, October 23rd.
- On or around October 9th, customers will receive a new debit card in the mail and the PIN number will follow in a separate mailer. Your old The Harvard State Bank debit card will no longer work as of October 19th at 2:00 am. New cards should be activated any time after October 19th at 2:00 am.
- Customers are encouraged to change any automatic payments from their debit cards to their Routing number (071905082) and Account number, as this is a more secure way to handle automatic payments.
- From October 19th – October 23rd your debit card daily limits have been temporarily lowered. You will be limited to a $100 ATM withdrawal and $200 Point of Sale purchases. Regular limits will be activated on October 24th. Obtaining cash prior to October 19th is recommended.
- ATM Balance inquiries will not be available until October 24th.
Checks and Automatic Transfers
- Since there will be no change in account numbers, your current checks will continue to be processed.
- Any automatic transfers will continue to be processed with no disruption.
- Bill Pay will not be available beginning Thursday October 19th.
- All Bill Pay information already set up, including vendors and scheduled payments, will convert automatically to the new system, however you will not be able to input any new payments while the system is down.
- Please ensure that all bills that are due by Monday, Oct 23 are scheduled to pay by Wednesday, October 18th. Any new payments with a Pay date effective after Wednesday, Oct 18th will not be processed until Monday, Oct 23rd using Bill Pay.
- Everyone will receive a paper statement for your account(s) dated Oct 19th. Going forward all checking account statements will be generated on the 15th OR end of month, and Savings statements generated quarterly.
- If you are enrolled in eStatements, your online statement history will not be available after October 19th. Please download your statements prior to this date. Instructions are included in this mailing. The Harvard State Bank will retain your future statements as well as the past 5 years should you need them.
- Mobile Banking will be unavailable beginning October 19th.
- On Monday, October 23rd, our new app will be available for use at some point during business hours.
- Mobile Banking will include these features:
- Person to Person Payments (P2P) which will allow you to send money to your friends and family
- Transfer funds between accounts
- View your recent transaction history
- Turn your debit card on/off
- Online Banking will not be available beginning Thursday, October 19th.
- On Monday, October 23rd you will be able to login at some point during business hours as this time depends on the activation of our new systems.
- Using your existing login ID, you will then be prompted for your temporary password. Your password will be your existing user ID plus the last four digits of your social security number. For example, if your login (user) name is JDOE and the last four digits of your SSN are 1234, then your new password is JDOE1234. You will then be prompted to select a new password followed by your security questions and answers, as well as your personal greeting and image.
Step by Step Login Instructions for Online Banking
To download e-statements from Online Banking
01. Click on the account you would like to download statements for:
02. Click on Online Statements in one of these two areas
03. Click download next to EACH statement you would like to download (they must be done individually)
04. You will receive a box at the bottom of your screen:
05. Under Save – hit the arrow and choose Save As
06. A windows explorer box will open for you to choose the destination you would like to save the statement. For example, you may choose to save it on the C:drive under a folder called Bank Statements.
REMINDER: This will need to be completed for every statement you wish to download.